Friday 21 January 2011

BACK IN OXFORD!

YAAAY! I'm hoooome! <3 

It took me A LOT longer than planned to get back though...after I made the initial cockup of missing my first train to Leicester I had to add another hour onto my arrival time. I chatted to a guy who worked on the platform, and caught the next train with no problems. Then I managed to get the next train to Birmingham New St on time aswell...(to all those people who know me well enough - I know it is hard to think of me doing anything correctly and on time...but please bear with me) I then got talking to a few more people on the train - got to hold a very adorable baby because I just couldn't watch someone struggling with all their luggage and a child. I was quite enjoying myself at this point - I was excited about coming home - so the fact that I had to carry super heavy luggage which kept trying to pull me down stairs with it didn't matter much.

Then I got into Birmingham - and I thought I was lucky to be able to catch the next train almost without any waiting around. But then the train was delayed...and delayed...and delayed... I could tell I wasn't the only annoyed customer on the platform, soon the traditional English tutting and heavy sighing began in earnest. Nobody voiced their opinions, nobody needed to, we all knew we were thinking the same things.

About three quarters of an hour later the train DID finally arrive, however it was further delayed along the journey - which wasn't too bad, there was a great view out of my window of the city. However this meant that my arrival time was easily two and a half hours later than planned. But oh well, I got the chance to talk to a lovely elderly lady on that train, helping her back to her seat because the train shook too much for her to walk about safely. 

But oh well...I made it home evetually - and that's all that counts ~
Byee

2 comments:

  1. Viciiiii! I am home as well, let's met up and do something silly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaaah! That sounds great! When and where? x

    ReplyDelete